IRA Charitable Rollover
One type of tax-efficient gift strategy is the charitable IRA rollover. A simple way to make a gift, a charitable IRA rollover allows you to fulfill your required minimum distribution by going directly to UCI and consequently excluding that amount from your taxable income.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid income taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to UCI
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limitations on charitable gifts
- Satisfy outstanding pledges
How to make a charitable IRA rollover gift
Your IRA administrator will need the following information to make a distribution:
- Legal Name of Recipient Charity: University of California Irvine Foundation
- Tax Identification Number: 95-2540117
- Address: 100 Theory #250, Irvine, CA 92617
- Purpose: Please Include your name, the school/unit /purpose and "IRA rollover" on the check memo line, check stub or check cover letter
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us.